CRK Outings for 2013
Get Out with CRK!
CRK's Outings Program is not just a diverse way to enjoy the great outdoors – it's a chance to connect our community to the Chattahoochee River and provide different perspectives on its value in the everyday lives of Georgians. And at times, it's a chance to give something back to the river by pulling something out – trash. One part paddle trail, one part hiking trail, one part camping venue, and one part threatened water source … the Chattahoochee means many things to many people. Here are some great ways you can get out and find out why.
Enjoy any or all of these ranger-led paddle trips within the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area. These trips are in partnership with the National Park Service.
- June 29, 2013 – Buford Dam to McGinnis Ferry
- July 13, 2013 – Jones Bridge to Island Ford
- August 17, 2013 – Morgan Falls to Paces Mill (SUNSET PADDLE)
CRK's camp and paddle trips have become a favorite within our paddling community. Be sure to mark your calendar and enjoy two nights of camping and two days of paddling in some of the most gorgeous sections of the Chattahoochee.
- July 6-7, 2013 – Headwaters Water Trail Camp and Paddle Trip: Sautee to Mossy Creek (new rescheduled date!)
- October 12-13, 2013 – McIntosh Reserve Camping and Paddling Trip: McIntosh Reserve to Franklin, GA
The cleanups below are annual events, but check back frequently as we will add paddle cleanups throughout the year.
- April 13, 2013 – Paddle Cleanup – component of the Sweep the Hooch Multi-Site Cleanup
- June 8, 2013 – Clean the Race Course (in preparation for the River Race & Festival)
- August 10, 2013 – CRK and Trout Unlimited Paddle Cleanup
- May 26, 2013 – Enjoy the Spider Lilies at Flat Shoals Creek
- August 3, 2013 – Tour Lake Lanier Onboard CRK's Catamaran
- September 28, 2013 – Hike to the Chattahoochee Headwaters
- October 12, 2013 – Sweetwater Creek State Park
- October 19, 2013 – Water Conservation 101 at Hansgrohe's Aquademie
VISIT INDIVIDUAL OUTINGS PAGES FOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION